View Single Post
Old 2007-06-12, 15:53   Link #48
DarkT
Banned

Quote:
I'm just assuming since the forum goes by not "fansubbing" anything licensed for release in the US...
Naturally that makes sense, since that would mean pirate a product which already exists... BUT... I'm only in Israeli fansubbing groups, so US licensing has little to do with that - you expect kiddies to read English subs? Meow... Hence I sort of think it's ok - well, if any mod thinks it's wrong I hope I'll get a notice or something and I'll just edit it out...

then again, I did remove my group's site - since we do Hellsing OVA... I sort of felt it COULD somehow be against forum rules... Anyway, I'm still not quite clear about it...Since we do it in Hebrew... Meow... Dunno... 'suppose I'll have to ask mods .

Quote:
For mainstream TV Rip releases, the groups I've been in ALWAYS wanted an AVI CFR release for the masses (as they avoid other formats) because all they were concerned about was numbers...very rarely would I do another version unless it was a DVD Rip.
Meow, dunno man - I wouldn't touch a .avi release with a 3-foot stick - well, ok, I would - but anyway - I wouldn't encode one... It sounds perverse... EVEN FOR ME... >.> Meow... heheh .

Quote:
Depends on what you are demuxing, no matter what you use it will drop the last 2 seconds (not noticable unless there is audio to the last minute), you CAN use vdub to dump it with direct stream copy...there is a trick to it but I won't go into a paragraph to explain.
Meh, creating an .avisynth script with audio enabled I SUPPOSE... Dunno...

Quote:
Heh...well you CAN technically use it to convert a VBR MP3 to WAV (and not messing up the timecode).
Lol, dunno man - I look at winamp as a music "player" if I can avoid using it as a "converter" or "music exporter" I will... It sort of feels wrong for me using it for non-playback stuff .
DarkT is offline   Reply With Quote