View Single Post
Old 2012-10-22, 11:36   Link #64
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
I noticed that Yui never gets put into combat, except for that one time in Russia when she put herself into action. Is there any reason for this, like what's her job in the project exactly?
Quote:
Originally Posted by grevierr View Post
She is the Imperial Japanese Army Liaison in charge of the XFJ developmental project. Basically she is the chief research officer, and voice of the Japanese needs for the project.
To elaborate further on grevierr's answer, Yui is serving as the Project Manager for the XFJ project. Her job is to manage the project. She isn't supposed to be flying herself: that's what Argos Flight - specifically Yuuya and Tarisa - are for. Her job is to ensure that the project is on track: she is not supposed to be flying or getting into combat. Flight time detracts from the time that she's supposed to be running around getting data, managing the herd of cats that are scientists and engineers, and keeping everyone on-track.

Regards silver hair, I'd just like to note that while it's rare for Japanese people, it's not uncommon for Chinese people to have silver hair - in fact, I have silver hair, as does my mother and a significant portion of her family, and a helluva lotta members of my class at school. That said, what we would call silver hair is actually an optical illusion from the mixing of white and gray hairs.

And yes, we do have people who somehow start turning white when puberty hits, which is what happened to me, my mom and my younger brother. If not for hair dye, my mom's hair would be completely white. My hair is mostly white.

I believe in miracles.