View Single Post
Old 2009-09-26, 13:06   Link #2087
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
Pardon my perhaps rude commentary, but I really suggest you look at things more flexibly. This is not the only issue that lacks definite answers. There are limitless other indefinite answers---science probably having most of them.

The only way we can find the more *reasonable* answer is by creating a ratio between its negatives and positives. Thus, my last "draw".

We have society, order and peace now because of that *natural* "goodness" of man. Yes, It is definitely true that some are "evil", but that does not remove the fact that *most* people are "good".(the fact that we're still retaining society and order, and not the other way, is clear evidence of this).

My only explanation to as to how humans become evil is either through *some* "bad" *nurture* or a mental illness.(I'm not so sure about this, I'm hoping someone else could share their ideas, thank you.)
I've never stated there to be a lack of definite answers at any time. Reread my posts if you think so. You're telling me to look more flexibly, yet you were incapable of doing so in examining the Earth a few pages back, so I'm not sure where you're coming from.

But why create a ratio when you've just admitted this is an indefinite area? By definition humans are neither 'good' nor 'evil,' if they were then the words themselves would not exist because we would have no comprehension of the opposite.

We do not have society, order, and peace. You've been feeding me the poverty line for a while, we're far from a harmonious perfect human organization. Civilizations prosper and fail at different times, and humans' nature to socially organize is what tends to bring it back again and again.

This isn't a comic book where people are 'good' or 'evil,' so trying to understand the root of the problem will get you nowhere. Humans are way too complex to be dichotomized in that manner.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote