Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll It's Not My Fault I'm Not Popular (WATAMOTE)
View Single Post
Old 2013-09-10, 17:36   Link #771
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goty View Post
What was that censored drawing Tomoko made for the haunted house supposed to be?
It wasn't censored in the version I watched. I have no idea what it could be either (O*nan-san?Doesn't ring a bell), all I know is that it looked creepy as all hell...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
I felt like the whole "club" thing was more of a jab at certain anime series (SOS B***ade and following...) than a joke on Tomoko's lack of social skills, this time. It was like saying straight out that all the settings of the various moe/slice of life high school harems is unrealistic wish fulfillment - and showing the harsh truth. It was the first time I felt Watamote was truly embracing it's potential "meta" nature (while still being one of the saddest moments for Tomoko).
It was definitely making fun of anime/light novels with similar premises (they even named them), but it could have done that while making it even worse for Tomoko. Imagine her sitting all alone in a clubroom for weeks hoping somebody will join, only for her club to get disbanded one day. That would have been far more cruel. This bit also highlighted once again that Tomoko is delusional. At least she gave up on hoping a Kazehaya will show up and save her, so her case is not completely desperate.