Thread: Licensed Mouretsu Pirates
View Single Post
Old 2012-02-20, 09:54   Link #1073
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Hakuchou is the Odette II's old name; you mean the Original Seven. ;D Also, IIRC, in those days they also had Commodores as squadron commanders, though the rank has fallen out of favor in the modern navy.

That said, given how they stressed on Bentenmaru, Barbarossa and Odette II as being survivors of the Original Seven, I'm guessing that a few of those ships were lost at combat.

Also, I find it amusing but understandable how Chiaki is one moment a moe teenager buying stuff for her dad and the next moment a spacer of the Barbarossa receiving orders from her Captain.

As for Marika's make up, my first impression is that she looks older, especially under the bright spotlights - it's only in normal light that it looks overdone.

*Edit: Thinking about the clogged passageway, I wonder if perhaps it's a misinterpretation of a USN submarine practice. On USN subs, the walkways are made of a light material for the most part, because foodstuffs are stored in heavy boxes under them; at the start of a cruise the passages tend to be short - months later, as more food is eaten and boxes disposed of, the passages are taller...

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote