View Single Post
Old 2013-08-24, 02:28   Link #34
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Woah, Miyu, that was incredibly harsh...

And here I thought this episode was going to be just pure lighthearted fanservicey fluff... All of those more colorful fluffy bits get washed away in Miyu coming down really hard on Illya. The fact this comes right after Illya is the sole reason everybody survived Saber Alter makes Miyu's speech seem even worse, imo.

Besides, Illya was sniped by an Assassin. It could have happened to Miyu just as easily. Heck, it might have even have happened to Rin or Luvia just as easily. A badly poisoned Illya understandably panicked to save her life and defeat Assassin, and created a massive mana explosion.

I guess they wanted to add more drama to the Illya/Miyu relationship given how everything seemed to be going well now, but this almost strikes me as overkill.

Still, the battle with Assassin was surprisingly intense, and the fact it even happened was a pleasant surprise. So it was an enjoyable watch for the most part, and it definitely was emotionally impacting. I honestly was shocked by the ending of this episode. That was the last thing I expected after last week's episode.