View Single Post
Old 2008-09-04, 20:39   Link #83
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
I'm sure many of the people who say "I would scream and deliver him to the police!!! Or grab my .357 and SHOOT HIM IN THE FACE!!! I AM AN HERO, WHOOOOOOOOOOOO!" haven't ever been in such a situation before.

Things happen too fast, too violently and too rashly. Before you've even managed to realize what the hell happened, you'll be acting based on pure instinct. That is, unless you have some real zen-like self-control abilities.
I'd have to agree with this.

Frankly, most robbers (the professional ones) are well prepared when they try to loot a house. It's probably a house they observed for a week before they struck. And when they go in, it's them that's prepared and not the persons living in the house. I don't know about robbers in other part of the world, but here in the country where I live, most house burglars are like that - well prepared.

That's why my first instinct would be life preservation instead of trying to defend the house. I have my bed strategically positioned in my bedroom so that I can shove it easily in front of the door and the other end of the bed would be up against a wall. That way, even if they manage to break the locks, they still won't be able to get into my room. Unless they burn my house down, I'd still be safe and waiting for help to arrive.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2008-09-05 at 04:51.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote