Old 2009-09-19, 10:42   Link #1090
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Block View Post
Haven't you already read Volume 6 and 7? What, with you commenting on
Spoiler for Volume 7 plot:
...on one of the character discussion threads.
I've read sections of some of the more recent novels based upon certain sections getting added attention here on the boards, but not all of them.

Quote:

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. Watch it.
I, personally, could live with any of the characters not named 'Kyon' or 'Haruhi' dieing in the end. Actually, I'd find it pretty neat if one of three organization representatives in the SOS Brigade was to go villain at the last moment; it could make for a neat twist.

That being said... Kaisos is right here. The TTGL ending had mixed reviews at best. The main reason being
you-know-what...

Don't get me wrong, TTGL was a great anime (one of my five all-time favorites) but it's ending was a bit iffy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Have you not picked up on the Law of Names yet? I won't bother spoilering this since it was common knowledge post-S1 even before B-T had the later novels translated.

Specials - Full name, given and family (Haruhi Suzumiya, Ryoko Asakura, Mikuru Asahina, etc.)

Normals - Either family name only (Kunikida, Tsuruya, etc.), descriptive name (Computer Society President, Bespectacled Boy, etc.), or nickname (Kyon).

In the later novels Tanigawa has shaken this up a bit with temporary and/or blatantly fake nicknames, people who change from one group to the other (with name foreshadowing their final grouping), and in at least one case, just not naming them (so far). To this point, however, the Law has yet to be broken outright.
Actually, no, I hadn't noticed that.

I generally don't go looking for Easter eggs like this, so thanks for pointing it out.