View Single Post
Old 2007-12-14, 00:19   Link #11
Destinyblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Yeah could be Macross F, is there any other prime time slot it could take? Looks way too high budget to be stuck in a late night slot.
As far as I know, MBS and TBS only have one primetime slot for anime, and that's the doroku slot. All their other anime air on late night, usually at the end of the week (like Thursday, Friday, and Saturday). If Macross F isn't going to be on late night, MBS/TBS would have to create a new timeslot for the series.

The 1982 Macross aired on the stations on Sundays at 14:00 (2p.m), and Macross 7 aired on Sundays at 11:00a.m. Interestingly enough, the Macross F special that's set to air in late December are all airing on late night slots (for MBS, it's December 28th at 25:25; for TBS, it's December 23rd at 26:50). So I don't know if the TV Series will get late night or maybe a mid-afternoon slot like its previous TV series. I guess Macross F could take over Shana II on the MBS 25:25 Thursday slot in Spring, but isn't Macross a bit too high profile of a franchise to be receiving a late night slot? I don't know much about the Macross franchise, so I can't be sure.

Anyways, speaking of timeslots (and to keep this post from being completely off-topic ), I'm kinda glad that Soul Eater is getting a primetime slot, though that may be just because TV Tokyo is willing to put more anime on their network than the other major broadcasters in Japan. Unfortunately, a lot of TV Tokyo anime tend to be overlooked by anime fans outside of Japan. For example, a lot of low profile Sunrise shows have aired on TV Tokyo before, such as Keroro Gunso, Yakitate Japan, Gintama, Kekkaishi, just to name a few. A part of me hopes that this show doesn't end up the same way and get overlooked by a lot of fans just because it looks like typical shounen (especially with the whole Shinigami stuff, since Shinigami is being used a lot in numerous shounen anime), especially with the Code Geass and Haruhi sequels on the way. Then again, this is being done by BONES, not Sunrise, so maybe that'll give this show more recognition, lol.

EDIT: Before anyone catches me on a mistake, Kekkaishi aired on NTV, not TV Tokyo. Still, though, it was a pretty low profile Sunrise show outside of Japan.

Last edited by Destinyblade; 2007-12-14 at 00:49. Reason: Noting a mistake I made in the post.
Destinyblade is offline   Reply With Quote