View Single Post
Old 2007-12-16, 12:32   Link #53
Asrialys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatrose View Post
Haha, point taken! =)

But I must say that I feel more like... uhm, an elephant at a nightclub... stepping on virtually every toe available. ^^

On a serious note though... judging by the way you guys reply to my ramblings I kind of get the feeling that I might be a bit hard on them dubs. It's not like I've tried the dub for every anime I've seen. Tell you what... when Geass is released I will give the dub an honest chance, without being an ass about the outcome. Feel free to point me in the direction of some dubs that are actually good too, since I assume that they're ranging from good to bad... just like everything else does.
Well, I'm sure we respect your thoughts and such. But it's when you sincerely say (twice so far) that dubs exist for those who can't read, it kind of throws us off and makes us a bit annoyed. Seriously, how can anyone believe such a thing. I'm not so sure companies dubbed the more mature anime for the adults that can't read their own language.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireChick View Post
You guys shouldn't really complain about the dub. Goro Taniguchi picked out the voices so we can't really judge them...well, yet. I'm not trying to be mean or anything. Just saying.
Just because the Japanese director hand-picked them doesn't mean that it'll automatically be great. Someone out there is bound to complain, whether they know this information or not, because the characters still aren't speaking Japanese.