View Single Post
Old 2008-06-18, 03:00   Link #7568
Ahasuerus
UNBOUND-ed

When I first saw Lucky*Star as it was airing I was like WTF?!??

It took me four episodes to "get it" (i.e. that it wasn't going to go anywhere), but I enjoyed it WAY more than I expected. And if Tsukasa isn't the cutest little moe-blob I've ever seen, I don't know who is. Even though the characters are so exaggerated, they manage to come across just as valid as the more "normal-looking" ones do in other series. Konata is a great character and a credit to otakus everywhere She just isn't all that moe; maybe in a handful of memorable scenes. Kagamin is fun to watch too

And if you can make it to episode 22 (IIRC) you'll definitely get your just reward (my fave episode). And the one just before it will certainly bump one of the characters up a notch or two on your moe list Actually, the whole last batch of episodes are great!

Recently I managed to find real high-quality eps and the difference between them and the older fullscreen ones I had was huge. And, the enjoyability increased a lot as well; it was like seeing it for the first time again. A lot of the references that I didn't get the first time around I did the second, though most (especially the Gundam Seed ones) were well beyond my knowledge-base

I understand that the LE DVDs have a list of the references included. THAT must be a LARGE piece of paper LOL (The L*S ANN trivia list is looooooong )

Enjoy!