View Single Post
Old 2010-01-27, 14:14   Link #2322
TeeHee
I know we have bread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicknevin View Post
My issue with any theories regarding the servants still outside is that the victims would have to have locked themselves in after receiving fatal injuries. If that was the case, why was the room trashed and the mirror smashed? Why was George, who logically must have been the one to lock the door (unless this was a murder/suicide by Gohda), the furthest from it?

And, if the killer was outside the room, who staked them? All that would seem to leave is to suspect one of the victims. But... This doesn't add up. Gohda is far too cowardly to suddenly throw his life away. We've never seen even a hint of him having that kind of resolve. And in Episode 4, when George was tested, he stated he'd kill the entire family (literally 'I was prepared to make the entire family my enemy from the beginning') before he'd raise a hand against Shannon or himself.
You may want to pay special attention to this little tidbit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeHee View Post
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
The Chapel... again:

- The three break into the chapel.
- Gohda requests that Shannon retrieve Natsuhi's key.

Quote:
"Even though Gohda had prodigious skill, he had gotten into trouble, lost his job, and been left out in the streets, when Natsuhi had given him a new life. ...Even though it had just been a casual employment for Natsuhi, Gohda must have felt that it was a turning point in his fate. ..Those around Gohda could see that he felt a special kind of loyalty to Natsuhi. ..So he probably didn't want to lose that feeling, even though she was dead." -Narrator
Heh, it's another one of those scenes where the screen goes blank and you get a sliver of backstory, but you only have a 5% chance of remembering it.

So what does this mean?
1) Natsuhi is Gohda's savior.
2) Natsuhi has been murdered quite grotesquely.
3) Therefore, Gohda may be seeking revenge.

This is one possible explanation:
Gohda, under whatever circumstances, eventually figured out that Shannon was indeed the mastermind, so he plots to kill her in revenge for Natsuhi. George comes to her defense, but Shannon isn't a skilled fighter (maybe), so it's basically a one-on-one battle, and Gohda somehow defeats them both. He searches Shannon's body and finds the stakes. Then he realizes that he is guilty of murder. So to protect his honor, he dirties the door with the blood of his opponents, locks the door, lays out the stakes, and then falls on the last stake to his death.

I might be close, I might be far off. Any ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicknevin View Post
Another thing that jumps out at me in this game is the use of mirrors. Shannon 'frees' Beatrice by breaking a mirror at the old shrine. They rush to Natsuhi's bedroom looking for a replacement mirror. And when Shannon and co died, the big mirror above the dresser was broken for some reason.

Is there some significance to killing Shannon in front of a mirror?
Maybe I missed it. Did the big mirror actually break? I mean, was it necessarily the big mirror rather than the small mirror?

If it was the big mirror, then it means that there was likely a huge scuffle in the room, as opposed to a clean assasination.