View Single Post
Old 2012-04-20, 16:08   Link #3259
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
Actually, I think Zessica having feelings for Amata puts her in the love triangle, its a real question of whether or not she acts on it, and how Mikono repsonds to that.

I'm not talking about that, I'm talking about the fact that it has simply gone on for way too long, this should already have a resolution and they should be moving on to other things.
I don't argue that she isn't or is in the triangle (obviously is, even if she is a third wheel), what I'm saying is that she removed herself from acting on anything for the length of time that was Episode 9 until Episode 14. That is, for six total episodes she did not try to get in the way of the relationship (conversely, Kagura was caged and out of the picture until Episode 13 but still getting in the way with being that guy that no one talks about).

That means, at the end of Episode 6 (Kagura is removed) and then Episode 8's end (Zessica removes herself), since that time (which as I said was six total episodes of being together without outside interference), Mikono and Amata were able to accomplish bugger all. (It is ridiculous how drawn out this is for a main pairing (assuming this to be the case). When asked by Sazanka about it, Mikono denies it shyly. When confronted on the non-happenings by Andy, Amata acts and... fails because of KAGURA manifesting in a reflection. This, again, returns to the over arching problem I have with this couple in that Amata has to do damn well near everything, irregardless of how receptive Mikono might be to his advances. It takes two to tango, and no matter how hard one person tries, dancing with a receptive mass of balistics jello is not going to be a very rewarding experience.) If you ask me, they've put the secondaries (Zessica and Kagura) through more shit to prove their love for their respective target than the main leads because neither of them (the secondaries) has had their romantic interest handed to them on a silver platter since the first episode. Which, in the end, is probably the problem in all of this. Starting off so strong out of the gates with Amata and Mikono, you then have some modicum of development, and then hit a long ass rut of non-happenings. If you're going to start out as a blazing race horse then you need to introduce some genuine obstacles (Okada's Hanasaku had distance as a genuine obstruction, priorities and family, and later library-glasses girl, True Tears had a hateful mother spreading lies and a brother out to make his sister win at all costs and by any means possible. What does Aquarion have? Kagura who was removed for seven episodes? Zessica who removed herself for six episodes? There's just no believable obstacle for such a drawn out romance, unless, again, its not meant to be the believable romance.)

(So, directed at the second quoted paragraph and effectively everything else in what you said) I agree and, considering the fact the show lampshades it, I'm pretty sure we're all supposed to agree that this is taking far too long.

That, or someone in the writing staff has honestly lost their mind.