View Single Post
Old 2012-12-09, 13:57   Link #103
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
Given that Kirito auto-woke up, and outsiders not having any access to SAO at all, it would've been hard for her "finace" to perfectly time it and lock her up instantly into the new game.
Yeah, in an earlier episode, Sugou said that this is exactly what he did -- that, at the time when SAO was falling apart (since they were running the SAO servers at that point), he "routed" their connections to the ALO servers rather than letting them wake-up. So her not waking-up wasn't really an accident or anything; she never disconnected from the game world (just got auto-rotated to another server in another game). This is, incidentally, why there are so many glitches relating to using Kazuto's NerveGear in ALO (as if they were the same game just morphed a bit). The two games had to be compatible to that degree so that the captives could have that sort of immediate, seamless transfer from one game to the other without any disconnections or errors.

(I remember we had that big debate at the time about how some thought it was unrealistic for SAO/ALO data to be so "compatible". I wonder why I never thought about the captives back then? Actually, I guess maybe I didn't know about it at that point.)