View Single Post
Old 2006-05-30, 08:43   Link #96
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama
Yes and so have I, I remember them being just as non descript and based in theory as the episodes. Except for Volume 1 Chapter 7 which was pretty ambigous, even with the clues given by Koizumi and Nagato.

Spoiler:

Though since everyone here is already on board with the God theory, I probably shouldn't even be bothering to argue this point, its a waste of all our time. My official theory is that she is a human gifted with special abilities, but I'm probably the only one that holds this position. Its like the lines in chapter 7 say:

"Looking at her young and smooth face, I remembered Nagato's "evolution possibility", Asahina's "temporal distortion", and Koizumi treating Haruhi as "God". But as for me, what is Haruhi to me? Just what do I treat her as?"

Well I treat her as an exceptional if a bit eccentric human being with a gift. My theory could change as the novel wears on though.
It seems to me that the problem is with your definition of "god". In the Shinto tradition she could be seen as a god, not "The God". Try watching Kamichu (The Middle School God). She is hardly all powerful. Or "Spirited Away." There are many gods in there who are less than omnipitant.