View Single Post
Old 2011-03-13, 11:38   Link #115
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Watching the person/people you're trying to save die over and over again despite your best efforts isn't enough of a curse?
I'm thinking about it in terms of her becoming a witch. For example, when Sayaka became a witch, she said:

"She just ended up bearing a curse as powerful as her wish. She will now live cursing as many people as she had saved."

Considering that, if Homura does become a witch, then it stands to reason she would be the witch that brings Madoka's downfall.

Quote:
I get that people see the similarities between Homura and Walpurgis and are trying to put them together to simultaneously explain what Walpurgis is and also figure out what the "Gen touch" of despair and irony will be for the ending but I just don't see it.
I just can't think Madaka's witch form being a Mountain Spectre is coincidence. Homura being Walpurgis also fits thematically.

If it's just misdirection, then so be it. I'm not afraid of being wrong you know.

Quote:
Remember that most people were pretty darn convinced Sayaka was going to be Walpurgis (even using charts!) and that didn't happen at all.
Well, they later changed Walpurgis design, and the new one, as you can see, doesn't resemble Sayaka's outfit as much as the original. I think they realized they unintentional made it too similar to Sayaka, which led to a lot of confusion.