View Single Post
Old 2004-07-14, 15:55   Link #308
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaServ
well, i assume you are talking about "Yugioh! Duel Monsters" and NOT the "Yugioh!" TV show, the ORIGINAL show (made in japan, never licensed or aired in the US) follows the manga....it ended short tho, and there is MORE to the show than just the "Card game" as well in the one you are talking about. The first saga pretty much was, the 2nd saga led into some main plot, and at one point they don't really play much cards...but them use them (Hard to explain)...
For a moment there, I thought you meant Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters being good. You were scaring me for a moment. Never seen the original series, but I hate Duel Monsters. It's just a black hole of commercialized SUCK. Everyone is a cardboard cut out, but then again I applogize for insulting the cardboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuven
i'm sorry but i personally don't find a show that centers around a CARD game to be fascinating at all (at least the manga had several other games the characters played)
Sure the manga 's good now, but these will be the last good chapters in the U.S. Shonen Jump. Treasure these last few chapters, for they will be the last now card game related ones, unless they don't focus on that crappy card game every chapter.