View Single Post
Old 2012-05-15, 06:34   Link #319
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
Aside from that, I kinda wanted to get an early start on the upcoming AS banner competition, and since one of the gradients had a decent gap of votes, I used it in my first composition. Will definitely post it in the future collaboration thread to get some C&C, but I thought I'd show it here first anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennir View Post
Render size is too small The general area is fine, although a bit small for my tastes personally, but the size of the render needs to be bigger. I would advise against trying to fit the entire body into the banner as it weakens the focal. Try adding the upper body or up to the shoulder. Otherwise, I don't see any problems with it Nice job with the text
Perhaps you could use the full body (smaller) version of the character as part of the background, then have the bigger (focused on the upper body) version in the foreground as the focal point? Just my two cents.
The background deco looks very nice. It's a little hard to describe why, perhaps it's the colours and it blending in with the background?