Thread: World of Tanks
View Single Post
Old 2013-06-29, 09:39   Link #7785
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

So, after almost two years of not playing World of Tanks at all, I decided to start playing on Wednesday. This will be my fourth night playing World of Tanks since 8.6.

Decided to work towards a Valentine, since it shares the Churchill's gun, and while I think I'm probably a heavy player because of my playstyle, I was also happiest when playing lights, so it works out.

Sold my T-35-85 since I wasn't using it that much, went back to my T-34 as my main breadwinner for my stable. I actually managed to score 12k credits despite getting killed and losing a match, lol. Probably a fluke.

Also, my thoughts on British Lights: Fornicate that excretia most vigorously. Jesus. Armor and gun of light tanks... with a Heavy Tank's speed. Hell, I see Heavy Tanks outrunning my Cruiser Mk. II!

...but somehow I find it's quite fun to play, especially with the glorious trollicious 40mm pom-pom. I love the pom-pom. In fact, I just netted 8k credits from a match in which my team was defeated... but I killed 6 enemy tanks, so it's all good. I think that'll be the Zenith of my WoT experience; never again will I be such a glorious Garupan.

In fact, on Thursday, my Cruiser II crew were at 75% (selling that T-34-85 was quite helpful towards building my warchest). Now they're at 83%. My T-34 crew is at 96%. I plan to get my Cruiser II crew to 100%, then transfer them to my Valentine, and get a new 75% crew for my Cruiser II, with my main tanks then being Valentine, T-34 and Cruiser II.

Also, less rage is experienced if I play GuP's rendition of the British Grenadiers whenever I'm using my Cruiser II.

Just a thought - has anyone named their tanks yet? Because I haven't, due to lack of suitable names. (Maybe I'll just name them after my dogs. )

Also good god the Panzer III's 20mm autocannon. That's a tremendously trolltastic gun. It fires so fast, the common reaction is "Meh, machinegun, it's just harassment fire- wait WTF? Why am I dead? What manner of foul sorcery is this?!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Trying to be helpful and offering some personal advise? JEEZ WHAT WAS I THINKING !?!
You were trying to be a helpful, rational poster.

Unfortunately, the person you were addressing is an ojousama who by her own admission doesn't relate well to other people, and has stated a belief in the purity of martial arts trumping other considerations, who admires the Nishizumi style and considers irrelevant the personal experiences of professional soldiers who have actually been in combat and done shit for real, all because apparently they aren't Japanese.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote