Thread: Licensed Taishou Yakyuu Musume
View Single Post
Old 2009-10-04, 21:19   Link #372
FuzzyWuzzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzeroparticle View Post
What. So if you take that viewpoint to the extreme, no sports team that has a consistent losing record (like say... the LA Clippers) belongs in the NBA since they can't ever rise to the level of a championship caliber team? That's short-sighted if I've ever seen it.

The impression I got from watching the show is that they were striving to demonstrate that through good solid effort, they can overcome physical limitations and challenge even their male counterparts and give them a good run for their money. Given that the girls were able to catch up when the guys were playing for real goes to show how far they've progressed in terms of skill level. That's something to be laudable about. They got the respect that they deserved.
It doesn't matter if LA Clippers lose as long as they make money. As long as they have a huge fan base and can make a lot of profit, they belong to the NBA. This is totally different.

I can't believe you guys are saying they are equal. If the guys played seriously from the start, the girls would have lost by a land slide. The girls will never be able to beat them. They can play that game a million times and it is clear that the guys will win every time. How is that equal?
FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote