View Single Post
Old 2010-11-25, 12:05   Link #129
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
"Dying breed"? Several (at least four) of this season's productions are continuing into the next.
Well, "dying breed" might have been an overly dramatic choice of words on my part, I'll admit. More like "less common".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
I completely agree with this and think that those who would rather have OVAs instead of a normal anime series for any given manga are terrible people.

And series of that length are definitely becoming less common, Kaisos. I just looked through a list of anime from 2002, and the majority of the series from that year - I didn't keep track, but maybe somewhere around 60-70 percent - were at least 24 episodes. There were also a good number of shows with episode count in the 30s, 40s, or 50s as well.
True. A couple of my favorite animes are pretty short, I'll admit, but most are of the over 20 episode variety (Shakugan no Shana, TTGL, Code Geass' 1st season, both of Higurashi's seasons, Mai HiME, S-Cry-ed, Nanoha StrikerS, etc..., etc...).

I've just always liked good, long stories. It doesn't have to be epic, necessarily, just something that lasts longer than a short season or even less.