Thread: Licensed Rosario+Vampire Manga
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-07, 04:43   Link #22668
haegar
mangaviking

imho, this chapters text already shows where we are headed with Akua: It's not a coincidence she mentioned that she resents Tsukune for being a human "using" her sister, for being "weak" and not being able to protect her - and then we get this setup where he is about to proove her wrong by protecting Moka, demonstrating he achived both the power to do so and has a spirit/will to protect her surpassing Akua's own.

I am slightly annoyed with a couple of people voicing criticism of so called "haters". What's the matter? Why can one not express ones opinion on a character more passionately now and then? IF anything it's a testament to the author succeeding in getting readers emotionaly involved. And I beg ya, a proper hate rant looks a tad more ugly than what I and a couple of others voiced here during the last three months regarding Akua and for the record, haters are haters cause they know nothing else which ain't the case here.

The fact remains that she is largely responsible for Moka's current condition, all you folks going "oh my, what's all the fuss, so she mishandeled Kuru and Mizore, big dealio^^" might wanna take a step back and consider that it was Akua's actions in the first place that got Akasha to end up inside that thing, that it was Akua's actions that largely are responsible for Moka's shinso side awakening prematurely in such force that it had to be sealed by the rosary and so on and so forth. Atop of that, she is painted so singlemindedly egocentric, narcisstic, bitchy and utterly incapable of even once even trying to consider what Moka wants for herself that I personally find it really hard to NOT dislike her for it. And as for her "victim side" I yet wait to be shown any serious character development that hints at that side of her being the result of some trauma she suffered herself, yeah some hints here and there but largely as a topic it got neglected ...

And yeah, regardless, probably it's gonna turn out she is but a poor lost girl who has been influenced and used by Gyokuru who in turn might be used by somebody else in the background, and yeah, sure, in time she'll see the light, repent her evil ways and lust after Tsuki like all the other girls do

That doesn't mean I won't enjoy myself ranting a bit with each month we get yet another dose of her crap, and unless this gets turned and twisted around brilliantly I also feel her character was painted a bit too much with the "rough brush" when it comes to bringing out her bad side and I'd be quite thankful if I could voice an opinion like that, be it distanced and with proper arguments for my reasoning or blindly emotional, without somebody totally needlessly stating BS like
"oh you know, I have this totally positive opinion of her and would like to express it but there is all these evil haters here who are gonna eat me up if I do so I'll sadly be forced to shut my trap - the world has become so damn injust "
- how low can you get? this place is for DISCUSSION - strikes me such attitude would be far more befiting of ranting against then Akua but I'll refrain from doing so as it seems people can't take it

ah whatever, lez see what next month brings

Last edited by haegar; 2012-06-07 at 04:55.
haegar is offline   Reply With Quote