View Single Post
Old 2013-11-05, 01:46   Link #1208
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksassin View Post
Unlikely I guess. half gaia project basically made landmass ~1/4 compared to real world. If all the people who arent logged in during "Apocalypse" become npc the land would be extremely overcrowded.
1/4 of landmass is still a hell of a lot of real estate. It's not like one out of four people on Earth play WoW.

Though I suppose Elder Tale doesn't have as many cities as we do to park people in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksassin View Post
I did say my theory is about alternate reality. I might be wrong and they were really inside an extremely made vr that somehow managed to suck all the players into it. That is why I said it was a speculation

In my theory, that is still plausible. In-game, the ball of light is, well, a ball that is giving light. So in this alternate world, that ball of light would still be bright(game) and that light will prevent someone from seeing clearly in the dark(reality)
For the food, there is probably no way for the taste to be in the game. In the game, if the food gives out light, it would probably also gives out light in the new reality, but since the taste cannot exist in-game, the food prepared using in game menu would be tasteless. but ingredients still have taste probably because it doesnt go through ingame menu solely
For npc unable to make food that have taste, I can think of 2 possible reason
1.Npc use solely ingame menu
2. Npc has no chef subclass, they can only do premade food
Begging the question: what do NPCs, the supposed "real humans", eat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
Don't feel like getting into the argument over game physics, experimentation, etc. But I will put this comment out there:

Historically, a community needs stability socially and with basic necessities, before experimentation/research type things happen beyond day-to-day needs. Akiba is certainly far from stable atm, many people are just trying to earn enough gold just to stay at the inn and afford "soggy crackers" as it were. To say nothing of apparently, the large number of lowbies being exploited. (It's also been less than a month)
Yeah, well, how hard is it to kill a couple of monsters a day?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote