View Single Post
Old 2004-07-10, 21:37   Link #18
Krevnik
Kryptic Kynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remian
That was a quote.
Now shut up all of you who are saying "He never said anything bout getting them published"
*Ahem* I also didn't mention what I am attempting to get published commercially... why? Because I am not going to be flapping my mouth about what I am getting publishers interested in while it is still under review. In a sense, saying too much becomes business suicide. Suffice it to say, the ideas I am attempting to get published are in the middle of private playtesting (for obvious reasons). Also for the record, publish has two meanings:

1. To prepare and issue (printed material) for public distribution or sale.
2. To bring to the public attention; announce.

Here is the thing, posting online for free download and printing IS publishing as it is publicly distributed (using the internet, and it can also be called self-published, as I would make it publicly available myself). So please stop with the absurd nitpicking over a word I used, especially when I can use a dictionary to back up my use of the word.

The idea for this project grew something along the lines of:

- I have over a week of break before I become busy again... what can I do to fill the time?
- What could I do that would be productive, benefit myself and possibly others, and be done on the cheap?
- Aren't I trying to get games published?
- What can I do to give an idea of what I am capable of to publishers?
- A free game?
- What can I base it off of to get people interested and spending their time to help playtest?
- How about an anime, and get people interested by having them give feedback?

I apologize for not getting back to this thread earlier, I was busier than I expected this week. I am a student at a college, having to suffer with an old desktop and a recent laptop and had a hardware failure in the desktop which has to survive until March when I graduate and can work full-time. Getting the desktop machine up and in top shape was a priority this week. I am actually working on the game mechanics at the moment and outlining them in a document which I will post Monday evening (US west coast).
Krevnik is offline   Reply With Quote