View Single Post
Old 2011-11-21, 23:14   Link #3298
Kylon99

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
No, that has nothing to do with it. The statements are right there with the exact same words, syntax, and semantics. There is no logical reason to differentiate the statements.
I noticed how you ignored my car analogy when it became inconvenient.

And now you're just going over and over again about a tiny small context of the use of the word 'dead.' Well, if you just want sound like a broken record, go ahead.

But here's a bone for you:
"My pa is dead, my ma is dead. Even Betsy is dead!"

There's no logical reason to differentiate the statements. There's no logical reason NOT to either. Especially when you know the other person is trying to hide a murder mystery trick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
Even back then, most people thought that both personalities being dead meant that there was an actual Shkanon-corpse, and even if they didn't, people used the MPD interpretation to theorize that these separate minds were somehow erased.

And that didn't turn out to be the case either, so how are these reds not completely arbitrary and meaningless? Nothing is disappearing, dying, being removed, or lost. At best they're going to sleep or leaving the proverbial room. No actual, meaningful 'dying' is occurring, so this is still a blatant lie in the red.
Maybe because there was a third personality that also needed to die? If you're willing to accept that after two personalities die that then there can be a corpse.. then why not three? Or four?

No, it's not a blatant lie in red, no matter what you say, no matter how pendantic you are or how many times you repeat it. You ignored my car analogy didn't you?

And like you just implied and others have said, over and over and over again, that the red can be used to declare those people who are dead from even just a game!

"I died last night while fighting a Greater Dragon in Skyrim."
"You liar! You're not dead!"
"..."

Honestly, try to understand that people are agreeing with you sometimes. Of course these statements all misled you. But none of them were lies.