View Single Post
Old 2007-01-29, 12:47   Link #4
chrno

Send a message via AIM to chrno
Y'know I don't know if I can get into this. I took on the original 'Pretty Cure' series, and am still currently doing 'SS'. As it continues to drag on to whateve ending they can come up with. But 'Pretty Cure 5'?

I remember hearing someone mentioning it and I didn't believe. But I knew something was coming. As one show comes to a end they always have a preview of what's to come after. Then I saw it listed on 'ANN', and I'm like,

"You're kidding right? This is the ****ing title?"

Funny thing is '4Kids' licensed the first series and haven't done anything with it. Hell, I was at one of the two events when 'Toei' was in NY. Then you hear about the license, and nothing happened for the new line up during the fall of 2005 or 2006. Now here's a new show. Chances are they'd grab that and try to revive what the 'Sailor Moon' crazy started.

I'll be surprised if that happens.

But I'll check it out and see where it goes. But I love the ass kicking and emotional impact the first show had. But hey, this is for kids not for hard-core fans. But hell, if 'SS' could find a way to appeal to fans of the other series, then so will the new show. And thus the doujin material will fly off the shelves.

Seems 'Toei' is trying to revive an old fame. What 'Sailor Moon' was of the early 90's, is what 'Pretty Cure' is to the new generation. Only thing is that the series has more incarnations than 'SM'. Meaning, the heroes are never the same. Of course I never expected they would increase the numbers.

"I'm afraid 400 years won't cover me."
chrno is offline   Reply With Quote