View Single Post
Old 2013-01-30, 04:15   Link #452
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimapan View Post
Anyway, during being beaten up, he said that "kanojo" was watching him. This was simply translated as "she", but often, it means "girlfriend", and I think that was the case here. That was probably the first time of him actually refering to Masuzu as his girlfriend.
I see more people complaining about hat, but I disagree. 'Kanojo' means either 'girlfriend' or 'she', so the translators got it right, especially when it was never specified who Eita was really talking about. For all intents and purposes, we assume he meant Masuzu, since the common use for the word is indeed 'girlfriend', but given his reaction to Chiwa when she asked him, I think he could very well have meant her as well (and I personally believed he was). This doesn't mean he started seeing Chiwa as something more than just a childhood friend, just that he cares about her as much as he (seems to) care about Masuzu (maybe even a bit more).

Quote:
Masuzu was that surprised by this that she probably was too embarrassed to see him in school next day. When she had regained her composure, she apparently had finally decided to take Eita as her actual boyfriend, hence the kiss - and hence her turning up at his house the next morning
I can find myself in that first part, though I don't think she's more serious about their whole relationship overall, just more aware of the competition. And this will only get worse, once the other two girls come into play. And from what I've seen in the pre-air special, Chiwa will be the least of Masuzu's worries, and she hasn't even shaken her off yet.