View Single Post
Old 2010-06-07, 06:51   Link #5
TidusBlade
西瓜の騎士

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert View Post
And while I did get a little crazy (for my standard anyway) with extensions in Firefox in the past, it turns out to be just a phase that came and went.
Sounds like me, or at least how I was a few months back xD Had almost 50 addons, down to 22 that I actually use now though, but after relying on that many I can only use Firefox comfortably. Not to say that other browsers suck, but I can't use a browser without addons like Vimperator, AdBlockPlus, FireGestures, FireProxy and TooManyTabs. Yeah most are on other browsers as well but Vimperator is the deal breaker for me I guess. That and plus, I love the Classic Compact theme.

Interesting how other people find NoScript essential, I haven't touched it yet, haven't seen the need to I guess. Probably should though, I'm ignorant when it comes to scripts on the internet

As for other browsers, no IE on Linux so that's out. I found Opera and Chrome to be pretty big memory eaters actually, even with just a bunch of addons they easily rival the amount Firefox eats up. I don't usually open up tons of tabs, but for the times I do use tons I found Firefox to be the best then as the other slow down quite a lot relatively. Maybe it's just the Linux version though, Chrome was certainly a pain to set up.
TidusBlade is offline   Reply With Quote