View Single Post
Old 2010-11-16, 17:28   Link #3720
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasxn View Post
I think the very real prospect of losing one of his masters - as well as witnessing first hand just how far they are willing to go for him - is more than enough to improve his character and change his outlook on martial arts.

As for fixing Apachai's injury... Well, that is just the medical equivalent of a martial artist punching a guy through a concrete wall or deflecting bullets with a sword, or tying a knot with your elbows and untying it with the tip of a spear without causing undulations on the rope. Why is it that some things seem more absurd than others to people? And it's not like it came out of nowhere, it was already established that such medical feats were possible. I don't remember if it was Ma or Akisame who said "we spend so much time trying to destroy life that we end up learning a thing or two about preserving it" (something like that, I don't remember the exact words). Chikage's master was able to extend her life while keeping her youth, Akisame was able to heal Takeda's arm after every doctor told him he would never use it again, and so on. The precedent is there.

I don't know what's wrong with people nowadays, it's like the only possible way a story can be good is if it ends tragedy.
Indeed. And, speaking of unrealistic things... How about training so hard you need resuscitation over and over again, and becoming stronger as a result, instead of getting crippled by the accumulated damage?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote