View Single Post
Old 2007-07-12, 11:10   Link #284
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVPlaya View Post
When I first heard her "attempts" at translation, I was a bit confused, but then I realized what she was trying to do. Since she saw there's only English on the screen and she can only pronounce "Monkey Magic", she tried the next best thing - she's going to translate the words into Japanese and then sing the translated Japanese - that's very otaku BTW. But then she run into a little problem: she can't translate them either. So she was just dying out there, hoping the entire song is made out of "Monkey Magic".

Near the end she was just begging for her life... this situation is highly embarrassing for an otaku. You're supposed to be "cool" knowing lyrics to obscure OPs, and there she was suffering worse than your average OL trying to sing Britney Spears. It was an apt punishment for her, I thought. Kagami-sama knows her too well, and put Kona in her place.

Why is Kagami the one she's begging? It's obvious that she's the Remote Master. Karaoke Systems in Japan are pretty similar - there's a huge catalog on the table and you order songs via a Remote-like device via number codes shown in the catalog. The remote also has functions like volume control, song skip and line cutting. Kona's in the front performing like a good little otaku, and kagami's there smiling with the remote in her hand. Kona can't do anything but keep performing if Kagami does nothing but looks at her with a smile in her eyes. The other two were probably enjoying the performance while pretending to be shocked by Kagami's "insensitivities".
I never knew that's actually what happened. Thank you for the explanation.