View Single Post
Old 2007-07-13, 14:36   Link #294
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Rissa-chan, I screwed up earlier:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVPlaya View Post
I think she's saying "Kona-chan, konno serifu watashi no uta kara, watashi ga utau kara" which I think means "Kona-chan, since this is my song I'm going to sing this part". I can barely make out the serifu part out, and so it's a guess, since serifu usually refer to lines in a play, but I think it can refer to song lyrics, not sure. Anyone else know what word is? I can't think of any other word that fits. Solo (ソロ)?
What Tsukasa really said was "Kona-chan, konno ZABI watashi no uta kara, watashi ga utau kara". サビ is usually used in conjunction with "dora" as in dramatic, which is what Kona said in Monkey Magic. A "dora zabi" is the highlight or climax of a song, thus "dramatic zabi". The word, as I've found, actually came from WASABI, as when you sing this part of the song your face's supposed to make the same dramatic impression of eating really hot wasabi.

The part Tsukasa wanted to sing was the high point of the song, and that's the part usually reserved for the person who ordered the song. Of course Kona didn't care, so two songs later Kagami avenged her sister with Monkey Magic. But then Kona had HER revenge two songs later with Kagami's "I'm Proud"... Let's just say that there's a lot of behind the scene emotional confrontations during this seemingly innocent karaoke session.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risaa View Post
It must've been fun (and a little frustrating) transcribing it ne.
It is fun but more than a little frustrating. I really don't mind hearing Monkey Magic like 20 times, but trying to figure out that one part I didn't understand was really bugging me. I think it was supposed to be a reference to the actual Monkey Magic MV they were looking at, and I know next to nothing about the show. I really wish some otaku-god will tell me, but as I searched and searched it seemed that no Japanese Otaku has done the insanity I've performed here yet. I'm sure it's coming soon enough.

A big you're welcome to everyone who has enjoyed this. I'm just glad you all love L*S enough to share my joy. I did this because this song is uniquely positioned for us foreign fans to enjoy: you have to understand the original English lyrics to get the laughs. I think this will only work in this forum. I can't stop laughing when I read the original lyrics, I just wish I had something like this, but when I heard KAGAMI-SAMA actually spoke in the song, I know I just have to do it. That sentence basically validated my guestimation that this song is about Kagami punishing Kona, and I just have to share it with everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Aya Hirano/Konata Izumi needs lessons from Moetan.
Hey, Kona-chan did say "Monkey MAGIC" like she was raised in Cali. But she could use some Moetan labulabu. I'm sure she'll skip the English part and drool on the moe part though.

Just think, if Aya-chan would have stayed in the US, then we would have one less seiyuu goddess, but she could have hanged with us on animesuki.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Right View Post
Hello.Have someone original version of Chijou no Hoshi?
I don't and since it was a rather old single, I doubt anyone has it. Just buy it off amazon if you really wanted. Seach for these terms to try your luck:

中島みゆき (Nakajima Miyuki)
地上の星 (Chijou no Hoshi)

Last edited by AVPlaya; 2007-07-13 at 15:01.