View Single Post
Old 2012-02-28, 05:26   Link #27945
Kealym

Spoiler for Stuff:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialX View Post
Alright, this is my very first post in the Umineko subforums here, so that makes me a newbie. Nice to meet everyone!
ONE OF US, ONE OF US~
... I mean, ahoy, good to have you aboard! To reply to your points, one by one:

1. I think you're probably right about the number of physically alive people. Honestly, whether or not I think Yasu bothered using Kanon in the real world changes from day to day.

2. I agree with Aura that the scene of Yasu and Battler escaping together was likely a fantasy. Also of bizarre note is Tohya in the EP8 ??? claiming that he entered the tunnels with Eva, split up with her, and wound up in the submarine base while she wound up at the Kuwadorian.

3. I rather disagree and think several unpleasant, nasty things about Ryukishi keeping the box sealed forever, both in principle, and with the reasoning the story offered for doing so. I won't say I didn't enjoy EP8, but I did find it pretty ... morally disagreeable, as a whole.

4. I also disagree that Yasu was the "culprit" in the real world, proper. I don't recall the specific passages, but several lines in EP8 (and not a moment before) finally made me back down from accusing her of mass murder. I still think she's pretty culpable on a "common sense" level, though.

5. I personally haven't thought of a theory of what happened on the island that feels entirely satisfying. It has to be something that Eva would bother hiding, and would make Ange react extremely badly and retreat into her Eva-culprit theory. On a weaker level of certainty are the ideas that George and Hideyoshi were definitely murdered...

All I can really assume from Eva's diary is that Shannon made her challenge as Beatrice, and sooooomebody solved the epitaph. However, if the epitaph was really solved on the first night, there's literally noone on the island that has a motive to commit murder that makes simple sense. And I'm not even talking mass murder, there's not a single person for whom it makes sense to kill even a single other person in such a case, as far as we've been told.

And if you take into account (which maybe one shouldnt) those images from the diary that were removed (but still in the data, or...something?), then yeesh, just YEESH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifloon View Post
I think most people assume that when Ryukishi said the game was solvable, he meant the gameboards (Episode 1-4) and not the mystery of what actually happened in Ange's world, which we see in E4 and E8. You can honestly come up with any solution for Ange's world since there is literally no evidence that can be used
This. We're blatantly told EP5 isn't solvable based on what we saw of it, EP6 was likely an elaborate exercise in reverse Meta-trolling, and EP7 doesn't present any mysteries. And the matter of what we can say for CERTAIN about Prime (the real world) is so debatable ... like, so unfathomably debatable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
I'm personally positive that either George or Battler did it; preferably George since Black Battler's existence is sort of a Reverse Psychology debunking of Battler theory.
That reminds me, I watched a youtube video lately that had an absurdly lengthy (2.5 hours) analysis of the first four arcs under the a George=culprit, Rosa=Beato, Nanjo=accomplice theory, have you seen it? The reasoning itself has some serious holes, but I won't deny that if Chiru had followed such a theme, I probably would support it more than Shkanon.
Spoiler for Not even sure I really wanna link to a 2.5 hour video...:
Kealym is offline   Reply With Quote