View Single Post
Old 2012-02-28, 10:37   Link #27949
ImperialX
Audiophile

Here's another question if any of you are interested. It's about the ???? Ending of Episode 8. So...what exactly is your take of what happened at the very end, when Battler was greeted by the little children, and suddenly everyone appears around him, welcoming him into the Golden Land?

My take is that it was indeed supernatural. ANGE is a real witch unlike Yasu, who just getting sponsored by a real witch (Lambdadelta) to host a Game for them, being granted magical powers within the Game Board and the Game Board alone. Battler noted this as well, saying that in the outside World, she will not have "magical butlers" to do her bidding. ANGE has demonstrated true magic outside the Game Board several times such as episode 4.

As I said before, I believe that Magic only doesn't exist within a Game Board. Within a Game Board, Magic is simply a weapon of Anti-Mystery. There is no "real magic". Real Magic does exist outside the Game Board though, and since there is no GM or Reader, anything "magical" IRL must be real magic. Thus ANGE is a real witch. In the final scene, as the Witch of Resurrection, she resurrected everyone for Battler. I know, I know...cheesy ending, what?

Naturally many people will say that it's just illusions going inside Battler's head. I don't deny that possibility, but I'm just saying that ANGE, as the Golden Witch, should have the ability to do something like this. If someone wants to disprove my theory, they'll certainly have to convince me that ANGE is not a real witch, but merely a territorial witch like Beatrice first. Otherwise, there's no reason for her not to do so.

Again, having come into this thread without reading the previous 1300 pages, I suspect that what I said have been covered (and possibly proven wrong) before. If that's the case, it's most appreciated if you can let me in on the loop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsagiTenpura View Post
Another sorta crazy theory~
So ultimately, Umineko would be about breaking off two set of illusions and to redeem everyone in the family.
Personally I think we can accept most things revealed in Episode 7 as a pretty decent account of the backstory leading up to the events that took place between October 4 to October 5, 1986.

Yes, it's clear that Yasu is delusional, but underneath all his/her imagination, we can still have a general idea of what's going on. It's true that everything here happens within a Game Board in which Featherine/Bernkastel? is the Game Master, but I don't think she is the one who would want to conceal the Truth. After all, in most of episode 8 she wanted to reveal the Truth, and she ran episode 7 to prove her theories.

Everyone can interpret Umineko subjectively, and that's what make it a masterpiece. I personally don't believe episode 7 to be untrustworthy or illusional by all means, because I feel that would undermine staple theories of the series.
ImperialX is offline   Reply With Quote