View Single Post
Old 2009-03-31, 18:15   Link #315
Gamma_Sennin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Kim View Post
Explain to me, how Pain doesn't use psychological warfare? For instance, he completely exposes the "real truth," to Naruto that peace cannot be made without war and conquest of other villages. When he interrogates Naruto for a feasible solution, how did Naruto reply? Of course he couldn't, there are many flaws in the answers he would have given Pain, and Pain would only mock him for his lack of sense in these solutions. Hence, when Naruto becomes frustrated at the answer - Pain is able to win, by making him lose all hope and giving up. Just like "Hey Naruto face it bud, you can't win over me, and you can't make peace, only death shall do untill all grow tiresome." That's pretty much some mental warfare right there.
Yea I think a lot of that also has to do with Naruto's age... If we compare this to the way J_Man handled Pain's tirades of the notion of peace, then it clearly shows the difference in maturity... I also think Naruto was always going to take it worse than most, because he pretty much define's his entire life on the belief of what his peace was... or what he thought was right/wrong... however no doubt Pain took advantage of this situation by attacking naruto's beliefs, where like most things.. if your resolve is questioned, especially by yourself then you're already half defeated...
Gamma_Sennin is offline   Reply With Quote