View Single Post
Old 2012-10-21, 12:58   Link #3483
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Gundam 00 was absolutely detested while it was airing by a large section of the Gundam fandom. The only reason it's generally accepted now is that it's no longer the current series, but the bile for it was much stronger than even AGE at it's weakest moments, believe me I was there for most of it. I expect AGE will fare much better in peoples memories once the next series rolls around and the Gundam cycle will follow through in time.
Wow, I didn’t know that. I’ve never checked this forum when 00 was airing when I was in the college. The funny thing is, almost all my Gundam-fan friends like 00 right from the get go (aka first ep). They like the badassness of Exia, the coolness of sniper Dynames, the bulkiness of Virtue and the transformable Kyrios. Not to mention each pilot is likable in their own way (and I don’t even include fujoshis’ take on them ). Other characters are also entertaining to see. The dramatic story is also a nice addition (Saji’s sister being killed in a cold-blood is really a punch-in-the-gut). All in all, me and my friends really like (if not love) 00. It’s totally a redemption after a disaster which is SEED Destiny.

On another topic, the fact that AGE’s rating is below X didn’t really surprise me since I already mention many times how X has better plot, more developed characters and, overall, better execution. It’s too bad that X wasn’t allowed to have as much episodes as AGE was. X is good in building up its story. I’d love to see X’s “true ending” instead of the rush-job that we got.