View Single Post
Old 2009-07-23, 07:29   Link #39
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoned Away View Post
Mmkay this has really been bothering me and I feel stupid for asking this.

When the epitaph says at the first twilight, second twilight, etc, when IS a twilight? I thought it was midnight but that's not the case since a buttload of people have died in one episode... and since this is all happening in a span of 2 days (right?) then that kills my thought.
I couldn't say it until now, but with Ep4 released I can finally state it (mind this is not a fact but a personal opinion):

"the killer who's trying to recreate the epitaph literally is doing it wrong".

First the epitaph says "the remaining shall", but that's not what happened. Second the third twilight is completely messed up. Not only it appears after the fourth and fifth twilight, but it isn't even done correctly. They only read that letter, but no name was praised.

There is also the fact that he is completely overlooking the "twilight" part, he just kills people at random intervals.

Anyway to answer demoned away: that "twilight" is read as "ban", the same reading as the kanji "番" whom is frequently used for numeral orders. If you read it that way and remove the "の" you get: "first time" "second time" "third time" and so on.
So my idea is that that "ban" has no other purpose but to make more creepy and suggestive what is nothing else but a list of things that must be done in succession.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote