View Single Post
Old 2004-12-28, 22:17   Link #30
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaver4k
Wow. If it wernt for Forums and people who cared I would never know this stuff happens.

Edit: On a note. 3rd world countrys dont spend enough on earth quake reforced Buildings or upgraded buildings. So when one hits alot of people die.
Well this time they were hit by tsunami's so even EQ reinforced buildings wouldn't have helped alot
Actually I'm more afraid about the aftershocks, those are known to cause alot more deaths, not to mention flooding in this scenario. There will most likely be a massive amount of death to due to diseases that follow, lack of hygiene, clean water, non-contaminated food etc.

But you know what I find the worst, on tv around here they are more concerned about the few vacation places in Thailand that got hit (and are now off limits to tourists) than the drama taking place in Sri Lanka, India and Indonesia. They are talking more about rebuilding hotels than actually sending aid. Hell they even invite more tour operators to talk about the consequences for their business than to talk about the human drama. Goes to show how some people really are....
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote