View Single Post
Old 2011-12-27, 18:53   Link #5697
ppaaccoojrf

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
Think in terms of shared culture or history. Geographical proximity or sharing language would mean greater cultural and historical interaction between the people, and similar culture will likely result in similar preference when it comes to the characters.
I can get behind regional trends because they're easy to spot by just looking at the distribution maps. For the language argument, I don't think there's enough (or any) data, since to prove a relation with language and trends you'd have to do something like compare individual European countries with their ex-colonies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
I'm sorry but I don't quite understand what you mean here. I do know that most of females and good chunk of males that voted in KBM this year regularly voted in ISML. For some reasons in the ISML male tournament, there was increase in female voters while decrease in male voters from Korea. If you mean how Moe tournaments got started, Japanese Saimoe was the first, Korea's Best moe followed and was the first to make offer full scale English support, Korea's Super Moe Tournament was the first international event that had character from all time participating, and ISML was inspired by Super Moe Tournament and evolved to what we have today. If you are asking about something else, please tell me so I can give you answer you are looking for.
No, I meant that, to my understanding (as I don't really follow it, I might be mistaken) there's a male moe tournament in KBM every year (or two years?), so I wonder which one is the cause and which one the consequence, between this and the unusually large female ratio of Korean voters.