View Single Post
Old 2010-09-24, 11:03   Link #195
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
But in Japan the cute/moe/helpless girls, or conversely, the Yamato Nadeshiko stereotype are the more popular--the "housewife" material.
Not quite true, fiesty girls and tsundere types are amongst the most popular as well, especially the latter.

And not every Yamato Nadeshiko is a Belldandy. Moreover, depending on who you ask, chances are, everyone has their own image of the Yamato Nadeshiko Japanese woman.

On the other hand, Lacus Cylne of GS/GSD fame had consistently topped New Type polls for nearly a decade, but we cannot really pin a 'stereotype' on her. That woman has a category all by herself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
It's true, for most American men, the thought of tough, capable, badass women who can slug it out with the boys--I'm sure you've heard or seen shows where it shows women using guns or fighting hand-to-hand and male bystanders will comment on how hot it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
I find this somewhat disturbing o.o
Funny how you should mention this.

Though if anything, Tomoyo may be a subtle parody of the Japanese stereotype for Germans.

And here I shall list several reasons why:

1. Incredible organization ability (especially as student president): Check.

2. Has virtually no tact, and tend to be straight-in-your-face: Check.

3. Cannot comprehend humor, and has a very difficult time understanding jokes or hints: Check

4. Possess a completely straightforward way of thinking. Ie. there may be a solution against the problem, but no way around it: Check.

Of course she also has great oratory abilities and been mistaken for a man, but I am not going to go too far with that...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2010-09-24 at 14:45.