View Single Post
Old 2007-07-22, 02:18   Link #1
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

Office-like Programs for Macbook.

I'll be using my Macbook for university this fall, and was wondering something. I've used Windows all my life, and just about the only thing I liked... was Microsoft Office (mainly, Word.) I use Office XP, and likely many students will be using it as well. My question is, am I able to run Office XP on my Mac? I know they have a 2004 Mac Version, but it doesn't seem ANYTHING like the XP version, and the Word program looks ludicrous (lined pages?). They are coming out with a 2008 universal release, but... I mean... they can't even state a DATE for it. I need this by September. Is CrossOver reccomended? So I can just use Word or whatever, or do you recommend another program?

What I like about Word:
Clean white work surface (not lined or anything). Different pages appear as different pages (it's not one big white blob). .DOC format is widely used in university. Text looks good (I've used many second-rate Office programs where the text looks very... eugh. It jumps around (ie. you type a sentence, go to type another and the first sentence movies a TINY bit, and continues to do so after each sentence.), is smoothened out, etc. I like my roughed Word text.)
ChibiDusk is offline   Reply With Quote