View Single Post
Old 2011-12-05, 23:41   Link #1
Ledgem
Love Yourself

[iOS] Infinity Blade II

I guess my hard-core gaming days are over, and now I find myself in the "casual gamer" category.

Anyone else playing this? I admit that I skipped the first one (although I may go back to it now), but felt compelled to get this one on its release day. Gameplay is fairly simple and consists of learning enemy patterns, reaction times, and reading enemy movements. Compared with the original Infinity Blade, weapons classes have been introduced - there's the "heavy" class (battle axes/hammers; no ability to dodge) and the "dual" class (two swords; no ability to block, it's pure dodging and parrying - this has become my favorite class). The graphics are gorgeous by any standard, and are made even more impressive given the hardware that they're running on. (I know, it's partly because the resolution is so low...)

Hard-core gamers might get tired of it quickly, but for casual gaming, it's fantastic. If I'm stuck waiting for 10-20 minutes during my day, I can just pull this out, take on a few enemies, and then put it away to continue later.