View Single Post
Old 2007-09-30, 20:59   Link #19
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tun View Post
I haven't read the manga, but if the anime has been following the manga for the most part, I can hardly see how a tournament is typical of HnG. It's pointless, I'll give you that, but the other things you mentioned at least tried to be funny. A tournament is pointless and uninteresting. Sure it gave Hinagiku more screen time (always appreciated), but I would have preferred more blushing Hinagiku on the balcony rather than unfeminine Hinagiku fighting in some tournament.

I'll be honest, one of the main reasons why I'm watching is for the romance, but it has been awfully stale except for that recent Maria episode. I guess it's impossible for me to be optimistic because I like the other girls so much more than Nagi but you know he's going to end up with Nagi anyway. The deredere part of tsundere girls can get pretty old fast, which I think is the case for Nagi. And the fact that she's a 13 year old loli doesn't help either. But seriously though, I'm getting sick of the following scene which has basically been reoccuring the past few episodes.

Nagi: oh noes i'm in troublez. HAYATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hayate: omg ojou-sama, are you okay?!!?111one!1
*Hayate saves teh day*
Nagi: Hayate!
Hayate: Ojou-sama!
How can anyone say that the tournament is not typical of HnG? I mean apart from Hayate doing super human things to save a girl in a very funny way what is typical of HnG? You even point that out in your example of what you are sick about, but the thing is that is the theme for most of the show not just the last few episodes....

Watching HnG for romance??? Sure there are romantic elements to this show, but in my mind they are all used as props for the gags.

I also can't see how atm Nagi is leading the couple race, it does take two to tango and so far the only evidence that Hayate likes Nagi is when her sad lonely face popped into his head when hamster burglar asked him out and that can be read in many many ways. The only girl who has had a positive romantic reaction from Hayate has been Maria when he was gunning for the older girl ending....

It really annoys me when people peg Nagi as tsundere, she is basically deredere with a tininess bit of tsun. She has been like this from epi 1, so for me Nagi isn't tsundere she is a 13 year old girl who isn't used to dealing with people in general, never mind trying to find out about romance (which isn't helped by her hikimori otaku-ness).

HnG is a very funny and witty show which covers many elements and it is a shame when people try to pidgin hole it and get disappointed when they do so, but hey its their choice.