View Single Post
Old 2008-01-10, 07:19   Link #5288
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
No, you are missing the point. Other works are not getting ignored. I write a story once a month and get 6 people commenting on it. Satashi writes a story every day and gets 8 people commenting on it. Since he writes each day it is perfectly natural for him to receive an overwhelming amount of comments compared to me. I fail to see the fault in this. If a person wants a thread of his own he can go over to the Fan Creations subforum and create one there. This thread is for general Nanoha fanfic discussion, regardless of what gets posted here and by whom. The thread stays as it is; this isn't a subject for discussion in this particular case.
This part stood out to me, mainly because it is grossly incorrect. I myself have written two chapters of a story here. Total reactions? Three, last I counted. Not even a few pages back there are fics that did not get any reactions whatsoever. A lot of the more recent recruits in the OC-thread came there because they were completely ignored in the fanfiction thread. With all this evidence, how can you still hold your claim that other stories are not getting ignored?

Let's have a little recount of fics posted recently by other people:

Eagle's Lemon, albeit deleted, got about five comments. Do note that this was after Wild Goose's post.

Krisslanza's Arc-en-Ciel teaser. comments: 1

Krisslanza's School Lyrical comments: 1

Eagle's resplendance of Ebony/Ignis Fatuus combo comments: 0

Yoshilord's Kranagon comments: 0

USB500's Beauty and the Red Haired Beast comments: 0

Now, I understand Satashi's work is the most discussed. I prefectly understand that, with his insane writing speed, there is an overwhelming response to Satashi fics. However, there are other people posting other fics that do not get commented on, while Satashi's do (It should also be noted Satashi himself does reply to most of these fics) I don't know how you can still hold your claim that other stories do not get ignored while these five fics clearly got ignored, at times completely.