View Single Post
Old 2008-01-10, 09:27   Link #5295
Eagle8819

Wow. Gone for one day, and a whole new issue comes up.

But first, my apologies to Skyfall and the thread -- I hadn't realized the link from my previous post was that...vivid, to warrant a deletion.

In any case, as far as thoughts and all goes, I am in agreement with Kagerou and Keroko, for the most part. To Wild Goose's post, as well. I have been a member of Darkscribes for a brief period -- though it was some years ago, and have heard about this to some extent. Have to admit, I didn't think I'd hear the full story here.

But as a writer, I'd like to point out just another perspective before this topic is closed. I mean no offense to anyone by saying this, least of all Satashi, but this opinion of Wild Goose reflects most of what I have thought. Or rather, what I have assessed from the times I have visited here. Except I've never bothered to say it, because it is a rather touchy topic.

However, yes, I will admit that is the reason for my infrequent visits, but I will stress that it is not because I want attention, rather, if there's nothing anyone has to ask of me, I do not see a reason to stay. Quite frankly, I didn't think it was worth the time. I have always been more of a lurker than an active participant, after all.

While I do know I have a few audiences in this thread, I chose not to post - or rather, I chose not to try and make myself known, aside from some random fic and comment posting. I'm lazy, and I won't say otherwise. So, to some extent, I have only myself to blame for not putting in an effort on getting people to know me.

Just thought I'd say that there are writers like that, too. In other words, both sides needs to put in effort to actually gain recognition. Needs two to tango, after all.

(Yes, this is a poor attempt to encourage new writers who, by now, are probably intimidated. Sort of.)

Back on track, though.... *turns on fan to blow away the tension in the air*...glad to hear some of you enjoyed that certain fic.