View Single Post
Old 2009-04-22, 19:32   Link #67
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by syler321 View Post
i have a question,just wondering what u guys think...
everybody in teh straw hats has the vivre card right?
so lets say luffy does escape with iva,jinbei and crocodile and starts to search for all the others right?

well nami is in sky island,and zoro is where the horo horo girl got sent by kuma in the thriller bark arc,zand the others r located far away from where luffy is,so what is he gonna go back to look for all of them?
or does kuma gonna help him?

the vivrecard in question belongs to Rayleigh. Therefore, the crew would need to seek him out first if they want to reunite. Seeing as about a week has passed since the events at Sabaody, ol' Silvers should have been long done with the coating job, so they can set off to their next destination as soon as they rejoin each other....

Anyways, I read a translation of the chapter's script. I'm now about 98% certain that Luffy's going to Marineford. He even says that he will when Iva tells him that it's pretty much too late to break Ace out of prison at this point. And as for Crocodile.... he straight-up tells Luffy that he's interested in the upcoming war, and that he's no longer interested in Alabasta (and as I figured, he's not holding any grudge towards him). Also, Jinbei says that he knew Ace since he first joined Whitebeard's crew when he volunteers to help out (kinda figured that was the case, as well). Unsurprisingly, Luffy is unaware that Jinbei's a Shichibukai.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
You make it sound like Crocodile would be able to pull this off easily, when that is not the case. Like kari-no-sugata mentioned, Luffy, Inazuma, and Jimbei are also there in case Crocodile tries anything funny. He's in no position to be backstabbing anybody right now, and quite frankly why should he? The more temporary allies he has on his side, the better his chances of success are for escaping Impel Down. Furthermore, Ivankov already acknowledged that they can't trust him, and so he is most definitely going to be on his guard should he attempt to betray/backstab them. Inankov knows Crocodile all too well.

Yeah, I can see that for myself now after reading the script. Still, that Croc is a sneaky bastard, so obviously Luffy and co. will still need to be vigilant around him, anyway (I mean, he was even threatening Jinbei at the end of the chapter....). I doubt that he'll go to Marineford with Luffy though, so I wonder what he plans to do once he busts out of prison......

Quote:
As for the other prisoners in levels 5 or 6, I don't think they would be of much help since Ivankov took out quite a few of them with his "Death Wink" alone in this chapter. That implies that a lot of them are complete jokes and cannon fodder. The only viable threats right now are Magellan, Shiryuu, and presumably the other level 6 prisoners whose names were mentioned.

Yeah, I lol'ed at the lv6 prisoners getting Death Winked. Well, the floor also serves as death row, so I guess we really can't expect everyone down there to be as powerful as Croc or Jinbei. I still feel pretty sure that those prisoners that Iva named are all forces to be reckoned with, however......