View Single Post
Old 2009-09-30, 01:00   Link #2194
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
The reason is because when you think of Hell you think of eternal suffering, from my understanding it is the lack of God's prescence meaning you do not have the protection of God meaning satan can do anything he wants to you. So it is not God doing anything bad, you rejected him, he rejects you that is all there is to it.

@Vexx I'm pentecostal
The Satan he created, and let torture people. So, yeah, again, not sold on his benevolence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert View Post
That would be within his right. So even bothering to provide a way for those who believe to be reconciled with him is already an act of benevolence.
So, if a slave owner refrains from having his slave whipped on week-ends, he's benevolent, according to you?

Quote:
That depends on the suffering. God is not the source of all suffering, but he may permit them to test some and discipline others.
Test? That has no meaning for an omniscient being. Neither does discipline, what with his omnipotence and all.

Quote:
He will eventually, but in God's own time and in his own way.
Yeah, because He's got a use for Evil.

Quote:
The simplest example of rejection is someone offer you something and you don't take it. So yes, you certainly can reject something you never accepted in the first place.

There is another example. You go to a restaurant that you've always gone to everyday since you can remember. And since you've always gone there and ordered the same thing, you never had to look at the menu to be able to choose another food (or maybe they don't even have the menu, or it's an out-of-the-menu/secret food, etc.). This is probably the type of "rejection" that most people would have a problem with. Since the alternative is never directly presented to them, they would automatically pick whatever they've known their entire lives. In doing so, they indirectly reject the alternative.
In a restaurant, there is a menu, so we know what's served. Down there, we've got books written by dead men whom we have no reason to believe knew what they were talking about.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote