View Single Post
Old 2006-03-28, 14:38   Link #87
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I guess this was to be expected... initial optimism slowly eroded by questions and doubts that'll only grow until the series finally airs (not to mention the far-too-predictable arrival of "haters"... welcome...).

Anyway, the way I look at it is this: Key knows that remaking an anime that's only 5 years old is a risk - if it fails, it'll not only have poor sales, but it'll hurt sales of the original too, and leave a negative impact on their game fans (their "bread and butter", so to speak). So, for Kyoto Animation to commit to a 24-episode series (their first project that long ever, I think?), somebody must really think this is going to work. So, I'm at least willing to give it a shot. No matter what happens, there'll be some who say the original is better, and others that prefer the new one more; remakes are almost always like that. But I'd like to see what new things they're able to bring to the table this time around and, at the very least, am looking forward to seeing the characters in motion again.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote