View Single Post
Old 2012-03-27, 21:07   Link #431
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 79: Burn UP, Tagiru! The Digimon Hunt of Glory!

The ending was plainly bleh and flat to me, and I would have liked it had the writers put up the conclusion in an ambiguous note like, for example, the ending of Digimon Tamers.
Spoiler:

Second, for this final battle they pulled out a unique scenario a la End of Evangelion to signal to the kids watching this show that Tagiru became the super-Star of the season surpassing Taiki
Spoiler:

Also, what happened to the comrades and friends of the previous five heroes?
I mean they either appeared to provide a helping hand or made cameo appearances in the previous episode to help against the Quartzmon's invasion in the Xros War's universe but dissappeared like smoke in this final one.

I'm impressionable guy and had fun with the last episode, but one episode or even a finalé can redeem an entire series of redundant tropes and episodic content showing signs of not progressing towards a definite direction.

What piqued my interest were that Quartzmon in both design, appearance, and attack is one hell gross of a Digimon or digital entity. What it did to everyone by turning them to data and using their data as parts of its body was a doomsday nightmare for me to watch.
Quartzmon easily topples the D-Reaper and puts itself on par with Apocalymon as not only hideous, but a freaking God-like entity of pure destruction.

The other plot that was given conclusion and caught my attention was through Taiki finding out the identity of the clock-maker, old man.
Spoiler:

I hope that I don't end up being the last person posting before the frenzy has quiet down.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote