View Single Post
Old 2011-08-24, 04:39   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 636 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Spoilers are here! As usual, credit goes to..... well, the same 2 dudes who've been providing us with this info all year so far:

-Chapter title is "General from the future nation". The ministory takes place at the Sakura kingdom (aka the former Drum kingdom), where Dalton and an army of lapahns (those giant rabbits) are checking out the newspaper.

-Luffy has Surume (the kraken) protect Shirahoshi. Meanwhile, Hody's officer Daruma digs some holes in the ground, which traps Franky's tank and bike. The "weak trio" are forced to evacuate the machines, and when they do, the two vehicles combine and transform into a super-warrior..... the Iron Pirates General Franky! It turns out that it was thanks to the Wapometal(!!!) that Franky was able to go so far with Vegapunk's research......

-Meanwhile, Nami reveals some new tricks with her Sorcery Clima-tact,and Usopp makes a bamboo javelin to fight with. Daruma is still digging holes around the plaza, but Chopper transforms into Horn Point and digs underground to intercept him. He reveals that out of his current seven forms, he can morph between six of them without the aid of rumble balls....!!!

-Hody threatens Surume to kill the princess or else he'll execute the kraken's brother. The sea monster is conflicted, but Luffy offers to protect his brother as well, and makes a beeline for Hody. Dosun and Ikaros are ready to intercept him, but they in turn are stopped by Zoro and Sanji, respectively. An angered Luffy then delivers another blow to the 'roid-addicted captain. It's at this time that Noah finally appears at the island. King Neptune notes that Noah's arc wasn't supposed to take off until the fated day arrives.....

Nice, we got some more sweet action! Franky using Wapometal for his upgrades was a surprise for me (but at the same time it kinda wasn't since I knew for a long time that Wapol's metal would become important to the main story). Chopper vs. Daruma was expected, but I'm a bit surprised that Zoro's the one to take on Dosun (unless he switches opponents when Hyouzou wakes up or something). And I guess Sanji's the one to take on Ikaros after all, which means we'll be seeing some deep-fried squid soon. I'm still sorta thinking that Luffy vs. Hody will be put on hold due to Noah's appearance, though I guess it's possible that Jinbei could take his place in stopping the ark as well (I still feel that Shira's power will come into play here, though). And of course, Neptune's words about the ark were most interesting......

As for the ministory, as I suspected, Wapol's kingdom from last chapter is at a different location from the original Drum (which makes me even more confident that it's in the New World). Well, Alabasta should be coming along in the next chap, methinks.....

Nice stuff here, indeed. Can't wait for the full chap release!

Edit: A couple pics came out. Heh, Chopper's new Horn Point is the form we saw in the color spread a while back. Boy, does he look freaky! Still, nice to know that he (seemingly) mastered Life Return......

Last edited by marvelB; 2011-08-24 at 04:51.