View Single Post
Old 2012-11-11, 15:28   Link #3117
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
As I say, I am not the one who proposed that voter intellect be used to justify GOP legitimacy.

If you want to say the GOP got millions of voters, that is true. But if you are going to say the GOP can't be wrong because the millions of voters can't be stupid, then you got another thing coming.

I did not want to go there. But I didn't throw the first stone.
I said "they can't all be stupid". Meaning that at least some of them must have a intelligent and logical reason for voting they way they did. The alternative of having them all be stupid would seem to be unacceptible in context of voting for the President of the United States of America.

Mind you it also mean that some must also be stupid, as if not all are stupid, some therefore must be stupid. We have seen some of them because they tend to make the news. Those that are not as stupid tend to not be news worthy (as crazy sells air time).

The old "silent majority" from the late 60s and early 70s may not be a majority anymore...but they still exist.

Basically, if the idea is that the Republican Party needs to die off, than you still have to convince those 58 million people to vote for something else. Or at least a large potion of them to vote for an alternative and let the hard liners continue to vote Republican as it becomes the third party of "them crazy Bible thumpers" or something.

Last edited by Ithekro; 2012-11-11 at 15:48.